As well as our weekly services and extra services at Easter and Christmas, we host regular special services for Upton’s annual folk and jazz festivals.
Our church building is usually open 9am-5pm throughout the week (or dusk in the winter). If you’d like to visit outside these hours get in touch and we’ll try to help. Visitors are always welcome to drop in, though please be aware that very occasionally we host events or services which may not be open to visitors.
We want our building to be a real community resource, so we encourage its use for concerts, exhibitions and craft fairs, as well as welcoming the local primary school in for regular services.
Events Coming Up
- July 23 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every month that begins at 9:30am on day Fourth of the month, repeating until December 31, 2017
- July 23 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm at Upton, St Peter and St Paul
- July 23 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm at Hook, Church of the Good Shepherd
- July 25 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at Welland, St James Church
- July 26 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm at
- July 30 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm at Hanley Castle, St Mary
- August 1 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at Welland, St James Church
- August 1 @ 10:00 am - 5:30 pm at
The bells, the organ and some monuments were transferred from the old church.
The screen at the rear of the church is not original, and was installed in 1980, taken from St Mary Magdalen in Worcester when that church closed.
In 1913 The organ was moved from the north transept to its present position. In its place, the Lady Chapel was made in memory of Canon Beal, Rector from 1885-1911. In 1991 The Lady Chapel was enclosed. With its own heating and sound proofing to be used as a Sunday School room.
The nave altar is not original and was installed in 1978. The choir stalls were moved from the chancel to their present position at the same time. Nine years later, the Corona (Latin for Crown), a circle of ‘Spirit Figures’ was installed above the nave altar. It was designed and made by Anthony Robinson, as were the candlesticks on the nave altar.
If you would like to hire the building please follow this procedure.
- Check availability of the building with our administrator (tel: 01684 833152) or via the contact form. Note we cannot reserve dates at this point, and we don’t hire the building out on the Saturday night before Breakfast Church (which is the the first Sunday of every month).
- Download details of our Safety Checklist and Current Hire Fees. Work out the cost of your booking, and download and complete a Booking Form.
- Give completed booking form and 10% deposit to our church wardens via the church letterbox (or by hand if you know them). Please don’t give them to the vicar, he is hopeless with paperwork and will probably lose them!
- Finally, please do not publicise your event until the wardens have confirmed receipt of the application and approved it.