St Nicholas works closely with St Mary’s Hill Croome.
Apart from Easter, Christmas and on special Sundays like Remembrance Sunday, our regular pattern of services is as follows:
|First Sunday of the Month||Holy Communion||11am|
|Second Sunday of the Month||No service|
|Third Sunday of the Month:||Morning Worship||11am|
|Fourth Sunday of the Month||No service at Earl’s Croome, but please join us at St Mary’s Hill Croome, for Holy Communion at 9:30am|
|Fifth Sunday of the Month||Benefice Service – see calendar.|
Over the centuries the parish of Earls Croome has changed little in size and population.
Farming has always been an important aspect of the working life of the village, although in recent years more of the population, commute to work in Worcester, Gloucester, Malvern and Tewkesbury.
Several years ago, the village lost its school and post office but the centrally situated historic church and village hall serve as places where people come together.
When the church of St John the Baptist, Strensham closed, it was absorbed into our parish. On three Sundays a year we hold services at Strensham.
Events Coming Up
- November 22 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm at Vicarage
- November 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at Ripple Parish Hall
- November 26 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 amat Hill Croome, St Mary’s|Recurring Event (See all)Every Fourth Sunday
- November 27 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
- December 3 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)First Sunday
- December 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmat Earl’s Croome, St Nicholas’ Church|Recurring Event (See all)First Sunday of the month
- December 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmat Hook, Church of the Good Shepherd|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on December 3, 2017 at 6:00pm
- December 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
St. Nicholas church is late 12th century with Victorian additions and is listed Grade 2*.
We have some fine Norman carving on the chancel arch and south door.
The church was badly flooded in 2007 resulting in the installation of a stone floor and new panelling. In 2013 the church was re-roofed.