Although still part of our family of churches, St John the Baptist, Strensham is now a “redundant” church, and in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
However we still host three services there a year, the Patronal Festival in June, Harvest Thanksgiving in September and a Christmas Carol service.
Events Coming Up
- September 30 @ 9:30 am - 6:00 pm at Upton, St Peter and St Paul
- October 1 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)First Sunday
- October 2 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Railway Inn
- October 5 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmat Hanley Castle, St Mary|Recurring Event (See all)Every First Thursday
- October 8 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmat Ripple, St Mary’s|Recurring Event (See all)Annual
- October 8 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm at Upton, St Peter and St Paul
- October 20 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pmat Hanley Swan, St Gabriel’s|Recurring Event (See all)Every Third Friday in school term time.
- October 29 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm at Hanley Swan, St Gabriel’s
The weathered tower and simple exterior do not prepare one for the dazzling interior, which includes:
- a Norman tub font;
- 16th-century pews;
- a spectacular screen with painted panels;
- Medieval floor tiles;
- four centuries of family monuments.
For more details about visiting St John’s, see the Churches Conservation Trust website.