Although still part of our family of churches, St John the Baptist, Strensham is now a “redundant” church, and in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
However we still host three services there a year, the Patronal Festival in June, Harvest Thanksgiving in September and a Christmas Carol service.
Events Coming Up
- February 19 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
- February 21 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm at Hanley Castle, St Mary
- February 26 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
- March 2 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- March 4 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)The first Sunday of every month.
- March 5 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
- March 9 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm at Hill Centre
- March 12 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
The weathered tower and simple exterior do not prepare one for the dazzling interior, which includes:
- a Norman tub font;
- 16th-century pews;
- a spectacular screen with painted panels;
- Medieval floor tiles;
- four centuries of family monuments.
For more details about visiting St John’s, see the Churches Conservation Trust website.