Although still part of our family of churches, St John the Baptist, Strensham is now a “redundant” church, and in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
However we still host three services there a year, the Patronal Festival in June, Harvest Thanksgiving in September and a Christmas Carol service.
Events Coming Up
- November 22 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm at Vicarage
- November 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at Ripple Parish Hall
- November 27 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
- December 3 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)First Sunday
- December 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmat Hook, Church of the Good Shepherd|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on December 3, 2017 at 6:00pm
- December 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
- December 6 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm at Vicarage
- December 7 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pmat Hanley Castle, St Mary|Recurring Event (See all)Every First Thursday
The weathered tower and simple exterior do not prepare one for the dazzling interior, which includes:
- a Norman tub font;
- 16th-century pews;
- a spectacular screen with painted panels;
- Medieval floor tiles;
- four centuries of family monuments.
For more details about visiting St John’s, see the Churches Conservation Trust website.