Although still part of our family of churches, St John the Baptist, Strensham is now a “redundant” church, and in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
However we still host three services there a year, the Patronal Festival in June, Harvest Thanksgiving in September and a Christmas Carol service.
Events Coming Up
- April 27 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pmat Hill Centre|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on May 11, 2018 at 5:30pm
One event on May 25, 2018 at 5:30pm
One event on June 15, 2018 at 5:30pm
One event on June 29, 2018 at 4:00pm
- April 29 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm at Strensham, St John the Baptist
- April 30 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am|Recurring Event (See all)Every Monday
- May 4 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm at Vicarage
- May 6 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 amat Clive’s Fruit Farm|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on May 6, 2018 at 10:30am
- May 6 @ 10:45 am - 11:45 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on May 6, 2018 at 10:45am
- May 11 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm at British Camp
- May 13 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am at Upton, St Peter and St Paul
The weathered tower and simple exterior do not prepare one for the dazzling interior, which includes:
- a Norman tub font;
- 16th-century pews;
- a spectacular screen with painted panels;
- Medieval floor tiles;
- four centuries of family monuments.
For more details about visiting St John’s, see the Churches Conservation Trust website.