Church and Parish lifeBuilding and History
We are a friendly and welcoming church that works closely with St Peter and St Paul in Upton.
Our services at The Hook are intimate and reflective.
Apart from Easter, Christmas and occasional special Sundays like Remembrance Sunday, our service pattern is as follows:
|First Sunday of the Month||Holy Communion||9:30am|
|Second Sunday of the Month||Morning Together||9:30am|
|Third Sunday of the month||Matins||9:30am|
|Fourth Sunday of the month||Evening Together/Compline||5pm|
|Fifth Sunday of the Month||Benefice Service – see calendar.|
Events Coming Up
- November 22 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm at Vicarage
- November 25 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm at Ripple Parish Hall
- November 26 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)Every Fourth Sunday
- November 26 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pmat Hook, Church of the Good Shepherd|Recurring Event (See all)Every fourth Sunday
- November 27 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
- December 3 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)First Sunday
- December 3 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmat Hook, Church of the Good Shepherd|Recurring Event (See all)
One event on December 3, 2017 at 6:00pm
- December 4 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am at Tim and Maria Toman’s
Our building was built in 1870 as a “chapel of ease” (an extra church) for the people of Upton, just prior to the building of St Peter and St Paul’s. For more details about this history of the building, read Simon Wilkinson’s detailed article.
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hook
Hook Common, Worcestershire, WR8 0AXGet Directions