Church and Parish lifeBuilding and History
We are a friendly and welcoming church that works closely with St Peter and St Paul in Upton.
Our services at The Hook are intimate and reflective.
Apart from Easter, Christmas and occasional special Sundays like Remembrance Sunday, our service pattern is as follows:
|First Sunday of the Month||Holy Communion||9:30am|
|Second Sunday of the Month||Morning Together||9:30am|
|Third Sunday of the month||Matins||9:30am|
|Fourth Sunday of the month||Evening Together/Compline||5pm|
|Fifth Sunday of the Month||Benefice Service – see calendar.|
Events Coming Up
- September 21 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)Every third Thursday
- September 22 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm at Upton, St Peter and St Paul
- September 24 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 amat Upton, St Peter and St Paul|Recurring Event (See all)Every Fourth Sunday
- September 24 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm at Hook, Church of the Good Shepherd
- September 30 @ 9:30 am - 6:00 pm at Upton, St Peter and St Paul
- October 1 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am at Upton, St Peter and St Paul
- October 1 @ 9:30 am - 10:30 am at Hook, Church of the Good Shepherd
- October 2 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Railway Inn
Our building was built in 1870 as a “chapel of ease” (an extra church) for the people of Upton, just prior to the building of St Peter and St Paul’s. For more details about this history of the building, read Simon Wilkinson’s detailed article.
Church of the Good Shepherd, Hook
Hook Common, Worcestershire, WR8 0AXGet Directions